My clients enter therapy for many different reasons, for a specific problem or to explore and understand problems that have lasted for years. Most often people are struggling in relationships and want to understand others and themselves better. My clients may want help with:
- Depression and mood fluctuations
- Stress and anxiety
- Repeating the same mistakes in relationships
- Self-esteem and self-confidence
- Eating disorders and body image concerns
- The aftermath of a traumatic experience or child abuse
- Loss and grief
- Life transitions: new relationships, divorce, illness, parenthood
I promote attention to your physical and nutritional health and will consider your therapy with a mind-body approach. The combination of counseling and medication can be very effective when used concurrently. This combination can be especially helpful in alleviating anxiety, depression and mood fluctuations. I may recommend consultation with a psychiatrist if I think medication would be beneficial, and I will collaborate with that doctor on your behalf.
I provide individual therapy, for adolescents and adults, and couples therapy.